Monday, September 14, 2009

Atkinson Brass Horn Repair

The following picture is one of several braces that had to be re-soldered after having the bell cut. I think the picture speaks for itself:




Now I'm not a horn repair technician but I have replace copper plumbing in my home as well as other kinds of soldering and I've never done anything that bad.

Here's the photo of the main bell brace.



That's a piece of paper I'm inserting under the brace which wasn't completely soldered. I'm guessing the extra solder needed to fill the gap between the brace and the tail was used to make those extra glops of solder in the first photo. After getting the horn back, I took the horn to a local repair shop that fixes high-school band instruments. They did a better job.

No comments:

Post a Comment